Welcome to the Home Page of
ICEVI, European Region
International Council for Education and Re/habilitation of People with
For the first time the Board of ICEVI-Europe has decided to present an award to three people who have made a special contribution to the lives of people with a visual impairment.
Therefore each individual or corporate member of ICEVI-Europe is invited to submit to the Awards Committee the nominees who meet the following criteria:
- have made a significant and lasting contribution to the field of education and/or re-habilitation of blind and partially sighted people, that has had an impact beyond their own school or organisation and
- have made a significant and long lasting contribution to ICEVI-Europe.
Nominations should be prepared in an abstract that does not to exceed two single space typewritten pages. This document should explain how the person meets these criteria and why they would be a worthy recipient.
It would be valuable when the nomination contains letters of recommendation.
Please send nominations to the secretary,
Elly Aardoom, email@example.com
The Board will appoint a committee, who will judge the nominations and make a final choice.
What's new on this site?
see also more news
- 25.04.2013: UPDATED National page of Switzerland.
- 25.04.2013: UPDATED Calendar of events in Europe.
NEW Seminar in Mathematics [RTF] for Children with Visual Impairment and Children with MDVI, Melhus (Norway), 29-30 October 2013.
NEW 6th International ICEVI Conference for East European countries, Chernigiv (Ukraine), 10-12 October 2013. READ also Collection of articles of the 5th ICEVI EE Conference [PDF] "Inclusive education: practice and perspectives" (Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan 2011).
- 28.02.2013: UPDATED 8th ICEVI European Conference on Education and Re/habilitation of the Visually Impaired. Registration and accomodation deadlines are postponed to March 05, 2013.
- 23.02.2013: NEW SensAge Network VIDEO. John Harris, Coordinator of the Sensage Network, explains what is Sensage. A movie directed by : Matthieu Boivineau.
- 15.12.2012: NEW Newsletter of December 2012(PDF 1,8MB)
- 10.12.2012: NEW Special Conference Newsletter [PDF 1 MB]
- 31.10.2012: NEW LINK ENVITER, European Network for Vision Impairment Training Education & Research
- 20.10.2012: UPDATED 1st SensAge Network Conference by John Harris, Vision Europe Limited
- 30.07.2012: NEW Download Annual report 2011 [DOC, 459 KB]
- 21.07.2012: NEW Job description of contact persons in Europe.
- 21.07.2012: UPDATED Profile of the chairperson and Contact persons per country.
- 18.07.2012: NEW For payment of the membership fee, please use the NEW international bank account number of ICEVI-Europe.