Welcome to the Home Page of ICEVI, European Region
International Council for Education and Re/habilitation of People with Visual Impairment
Sharing information and knowledge on the field of education
and rehabilitation of people with visual impairment.
Professionals and others involved in the education and
rehabilitation of children and young people with visual impairment.
You are cordially invited to the 9th ICEVI European Conference, which will be held from July 2 to July 7, 2017 at the Sint-Lodewijkscollege in Bruges, Belgium.
The 9th ICEVI European Conference is organized by International Council for Education and Rehabilitation of People with Visual Impairment, European Region (ICEVI-Europe) in cooperation with the Belgian Organizing Committee, BLL (Blindenzorg licht en liefde), Spermalie and Centrum Ganspoel.
The theme of the conference is “Empowered by Dialogue,” centered on the Quality of Life Framework by Dr. Robert Schalock. The program of the conference will be based on the Quality of Life Framework and its eight domains that provide an indication of an individual’s quality of life in three broad yet related areas: Independence, Social participation and Well-being. Each domain of the framework will function as an invitation for lectures, workshops or dialogue sessions and serve as a classification topic for Papers. For further information regarding the abstract submission deadline and procedure, program, registration etc. please visit our conference website - http://www.icevi-bruges2017.be/.
With this announcement, we have the pleasure of inviting you to join us and urge you to forward this information to other people and professionals in the field of visual impairment interested in its content. Take advantage of the opportunity to become an active part of the exchange of knowledge and expertise and sharing of best practises within a network of people and institutions promoting the social inclusion of people with visual impairment.
Save the date and follow the news on the website.
We look forward to having you join us at the 9th ICEVI European Conference in Bruges, Belgium!
Panagiota (Betty) Leotsakou
President of ICEVI-Europe
Link to the 9th ICEVI European Conference Website
ICEVI European Awards 2017
Announcement of the 2017 ICEVI European Awards, format pdf, 124kB
15 December 2016
II International Academic Competition of pupils and students “Social and cultural inclusion” & International Inclusive Youth Games in Kazan, Russia
Deadline for materials - December 10, 2016.
Your Application must be submitted as a separate file in electronic form by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website of the International Centre for Inclusive Education of Kazan Innovative University.
For Further Information and Details please download full newsletter, format docx, 21kB.
You are cordially invited to the seventh ICEVI Eastern European Conference, which will be held at Tbilisi State University on December 14-17 2016 in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The theme of the conference is Partnership: Parent professional cooperation in the process of education of visually impaired children.
The 7th ICEVI Eastern European Conference is organized by the International Council for Education and Rehabilitation of People with Visual Impairment, European Region (ICEVI-Europe) with the non-governmental organization Mariani and with the valuable support of the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Sports and Youth in Georgia.
The conference offers the opportunity to share knowledge and expertise concerning the implications of the roles of parents and professionals on the education of visually impaired children and adolescents and in turn, their ability to actively participate as full members of society.
So join us at the 7th ICEVI Eastern European Conference where we will not only learn of recent research and share personal experiences, but also network with fellow colleagues and establish professional collaborations.
I look forward to meeting you in Tbilisi, Georgia!
Panagiota (Betty) Leotsakou
President of ICEVI-Europe
Link to 7th ICEVI Eastern European Conference website in Tbilisi
6th European Conference on Psychology and Visual Impairment
11-12 November 2016 in Budapest, Hungary
Theme: PSYCHOLOGICAL SURVIVAL SKILLS IN A SIGHTED WORLD
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: 15 July 2016
Detailed Information: http://6ecpvi.elte.hu/
2nd Announcement of Abstract Submission Deadline
ICEVI-Europe as a member of the European Coalition for Vision proudly supports World Sight Day 2016
Link to World Sight Day 2016 support cards, format zip, 7,1MB
Questionnaire for National Representatives of ICEVI-Europe
Link to online questionnaire for National Representatives of ICEVI-Europe
ICEVI - Europe as a Partner in the Erasmus+ Project BaGMIVI - Bridging the Gap Between Museums and Individuals with Visual Impairments
Information regarding the project BaGMIVI
The proposal for a European Accessibility Act: a new, accessible Europe for blind and partially sighted people?
english version, format docx, 47kB, french version, format docx, 54kB, german version, format docx, 55kB, spanish version, format docx, 358kB
EBU & ICEVI-Europe Joint Project
Erasmus+ Mobility of Students with Disability: A State-of-the-art report on the accessibility of exchange programs for students with visual impairments
Mobility of Students with Disability, format docx, 293kB, Mobility of Students with Disability, format pdf, 644kB
What's new on this site?
see also more news
- 09.11.2016: Canada’s Accession to Marrakesh Treaty Brings Treaty into Force [PDF format, 117kB], The Treaty of Marrakesh explained [PDF format, 77kB]
- 09.11.2016: EBU newsletter 110, English version [PDF format, 316kB], EBU newsletter 110, German version [PDF format, 322kB], EBU newsletter 110, French version [PDF format, 418kB], EBU newsletter 110, Spanish version [PDF format, 492kB]
- 16.09.2016: Perkins School for the Blind - Open Webinars and Webcasts
- 16.09.2016: EBU newsletter 109, English version [PDF format, 251kB], EBU newsletter 109, German version [PDF format, 354kB], EBU newsletter 109, French version [PDF format, 350kB], EBU newsletter 109, Spanish version [PDF format, 424kB]
- 09.08.2016: Survey ALFPHV - ENPVI Budapest 2016
- 07.07.2016: 2015 ICEVI-Europe Annual Report [DOCX, 3,5 MB]
- 07.07.2016: EBU newsletter 108, English version [PDF format, 261kB], EBU newsletter 108, German version [PDF format, 364kB], EBU newsletter 108, French version [PDF format, 363kB], EBU newsletter 108, Spanish version [PDF format, 436kB]
- 15.05.2016: EBU newsletter 107, English version [PDF format, 255kB], EBU newsletter 107, German version [PDF format, 359kB], EBU newsletter 107, French version [PDF format, 354kB], EBU newsletter 107, Spanish version [PDF format, 428kB]
- 22.04.2016: Perkins School for the Blind [DOC format, 59kB]
- 19.03.2016: Announcement and Results from The Book Fair of Bologna in Italy
- 09.03.2016: EBU newsletter 106, English version [PDF format, 259kB], EBU newsletter 106, German version [PDF format, 366kB], EBU newsletter 106, French version [PDF format, 361kB]
- 24.09.2015: The Athens Open Air Film Festival & the Athens International Film Festival - Opening Nights join forces with the Movement of Artists with Disabilities for Accessible Cinema [PDF format, 334kB]
- 24.09.2015: EP adopts resolution on rights for people with disabilities [PDF format, 285kB]
- 07.09.2015: 2nd call for papers - ICEVI Day, WBU-ICEVI General Assemblies [PDF format, 293kB], Official Abstract Form, ICEVI Day, WBU-ICEVI General Assemblies [PDF format, 337kB]
- 04.09.2015: Press Release: The International Council for Education and Rehabilitation of People with Visual Impairment, European Region announces election of new board members [PDF format, 535kB]
- 17.07.2015: Press Release: Feeling Van Gogh makes art accessible for visually impaired visitors [DOC format]
- 17.07.2015: UPDATED Calendar of events in Europe.
- 17.05.2015: UPDATED Job description of National Representatives in Europe.
- 17.05.2015: NEW CV's of Members of European Committee.
- 27.04.2015: NEW Newsletter of April 2015 (download pdf 1,3MB)
- 19.04.2015: INVITATION Professional Conference celebrating 25 years of Early Care in the Czech Republic on
New methods for diagnosing and developing visual perception in children with disabilities (Prague, 18 June 2015). For further information about the conference, please visit the conference website: www.roksedou.com
- 10.03.2015: UPDATED National pages of Belgium and Italy.
- 11.02.2015: UPDATED link ENPVI - A European network for psychologists and related professions working in the field of Visual Impairment.
- 11.02.2015: UPDATED European board members 2013-2017.
- 26.01.2015: NEW National page of Belarus and Italy.
- 13.12.2014: NEW Download Annual report 2013 [DOC, 4,9 MB]
- 01.10.2014: DOWNLOAD Early Childhood Development and Disability: A discussion paper by the World Health Organization and UNICEF.
- 03.08.2014: NEW Press Release from ICEVI-Europe and the Beyazay Association of Turkey on Education Enables Campaign.
- 30.06.2014: UPDATED membership information and membership payment with PayPal